Restless Traveler

When I look back now,
behind me I see,
miles-long amaranthine trail of life
I walked through to reach my temple of satiation…
It might be rough, rugged and patchy
yet it was my becoming; and people
true, intimate and uninhibiting were the landmarks.
Tossed about the passage were
the hillocks of my successes;
vales of despair and ladders of life’s longings
that lifted me up from abysses;
moments of merry broadcast by the treescape;
plains of perennial flowers;
and was dotted with cactuses of agony,
which even grief would refrain itself from.
It was an ineluctable marathon run,
no matter whether I was thirsty or tired.
And, whenever I suspended the run to catch my breath,
neither could I appropriate the sojourn,
nor it turned out to be a breather.
There were scores of colleagues,
to the left, to the right, to the fore and behind,
each going their own way,
making no meritable streak on my touchstone.
Now, when I look ahead,
an inexplicable impulse seizes me to move forward.
Seas of disturbing nightmares and
volcanoes of distresses have passed memory’s reach.
Calling of meadows of fulfilment
and turfs of salvation is invitingly alluring.
Unto the last step of my journey,
I am a restless traveler.

*****

బహుదూరపు బాటసారి

ఈ తరుణాన వెనుదిరిగి చూస్తే వేవేల క్రోసుల నా జీవితబాట,
తృప్తిసౌధం చేరగ నేను పరుచుకుని నడిచొచ్చిన రహదారి.
గతుకులున్నాయి, అతుకులున్నాయి, అయిననూ పొందికైన అమరిక.
అరమరికలేక అంటిపెట్టుకున్న ఆత్మీయులే అట మైలురాళ్ళు.

అచటచట బాట ప్రక్కగా నా లక్ష్యసిద్ధి నిలిపిన గిరులు,
నిరాశలో కృంగిన లోయలు, వెలికి తెచ్చిన ఆశయాల నిచ్చెనలు.
నవ్వుల క్షణాలు విత్తులుగా నాటిన తరులు, పూల వనాలు,
నడుమ వేదన ఘడియలే తాకవలని ముళ్ళజెముడు పొదలు.

బడలిక వున్నా, దప్పికగొన్నా కొంత పరుగూ తప్పలేదు.
పరుగాపి విశ్రమించిన ఏ మజిలీ నాది కాలేదు, నిలవనీయలేదు.
ఇరుప్రక్కా, వెనుకా ముందూ పయనించే సహచరులు కోకొల్లలు.
ఎవరి దారి వారిదే, వేగమెంచ ఎవరి గీటురాయీ నాది కాదులే!

ముందువైపు చూపుసారిస్తే ఎందుకో వేగంగా సాగాలన్న అత్రుత.
కలల కల్లోల సాగరాలు, వెతల అగ్ని పర్వతాలు కనుమరుగైనాయి.
సాఫల్య మైదానాలు, కైవల్య పచ్చిక బయళ్ళు వూరిస్తున్నాయి.
నా త్రోవ తుది వరకు నేను అలుపెరుగని బహుదూరపు బాటసారినే!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment